Recently some ex-Google’s confirmed that Google currently uses a small fraction of social media presence (1%) for search engine rankings. Bing has also confirmed the same that it uses social signal in rankings.
Below is a very interesting video that will tell the complete story:
Below are some important points for social signals used by search engines:
1. Build a Strong Social profile specifically on Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest etc..
2. Avoid fake profiles and likes
3. Post regular updates
4. Increase fan and followers
5. Avoid multiple profiles for the same website
6. Think about generating traffic while posting a blog rather than search engine rankings